[Qgis-developer] Merging the C_API branch

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 14 10:28:50 EDT 2008

Hi Frank and Peter,

Thanks for reminding me, I merged the gdal c-api changes to trunk now.
Please apologize the delay, I thought that Frank would merge the branch,
that's why I didn't do the merge earlier

(from my mail Feb 26:
"So my suggestion is that you go ahead and merge the branch to
trunk if there is no objection on the devel list in the next two days")

> I must say this "branch for changes then merge" process has not left me
> with warm and fuzzy feelings, and it is hard to imagine my taking it on
> again unless I am contributing to someone else's effort.

Is the delay in merging the reason for the not warm and fuzzy feelings or is
it something different?

In my opinion, the "branch for changes then merge" process has increased the
stability of the qgis code considerably and also the release interval is much
better because of this process (was >1 year before).

Best regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler