[Qgis-developer] Re: Schema management in ogr

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 28 18:28:23 EDT 2008

godofredo contreras wrote:
> Hi Frank:
>
> I have some questions about ogr.  How can we work  with schemas  in databases like
> postgres and oracle using ogr?
>
> The other question is how ogr manage a table with multiple geometry columns?

Godofredo,

Currently OGR does not support this in any organized way.  Basically a layer
is only allowed to have one geometry per feature.  In a datasource, such as
PostGIS, that can have multiple geometries there is one column that is used
and any other geometries are ignored.

There has been some discussion of addressing this case in a more organized
way but there is no action expected in the near future.

Best regards,