[Qgis-developer] updating vector attribute tables

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 15 18:27:07 EDT 2008

Carson Farmer wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Does anyone know of a way to force a vector layer to reload it's
> attribute table? For example, say I used some outside application to
> update a field in the .dbf or a shapefile, can I get the associated
> vector layer in QGIS to reflect these changes programatically?

I just loaded a shapefile, then brought up the dbf in OpenOfficeCalc to
change some values.

However, Windows won't let me modify the shapefile while it's opened by
Qgis! So for Windows XP at least, the situation can't arise!

I might try it with a real operating system when I get to work later...

Barry