[Qgis-developer] [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] projection bug?]

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon May 19 06:30:19 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I think switching to numeric representations of proj parameters would require
major changed both in the program code and in the srs.db. That's probably why
nobody volunteered to do so.
Also, there will be feature freeze for 1.0 end of June and the probability to
introduce many bugs with a reorganistion of code in qgsspatialrefsys.cpp and
srs.db is very high.

My suggestion is to change the entries in srs.db once the major distros have
gdal >= 1.4.4 bundled and then no longer supports the old entry style.

Afaik, the qgis postgres provider is not affected by the zero ending problem
because it uses QgsSpatialRefSys::createFromSrid(int), so only searches in
the database according to postgis srs id.

Regards,
Marco

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Institute of Cartography