R: [Qgis-developer] Developer/contributor requirements

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Tue May 20 03:57:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I read and acepted all the terms of the "Contributor Requirements and Responsibilities" document, as published here: http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ContributorGuidelines

I take this opportunity to talk you about my "presence" in the QGIS community; there are few things that I never publicly declared and/or requested:

1) I built the last windows release of qgis (along with a new automated packager and installer) under msys; I'm available to continue this task, but it would be good to me to also have svn write access to let me maintain the windows folder in it (I alredy sent a copy of all the files, scripts and how-to documentation to Tim);

2) I'm the maintainer of the WinGRASS project, so I could be a "chain" within GRASS and QGIS, but unfortunately I haven't such spare time to work on the new GRASS toolbox (even if I would like to do that very much); this said, I'll be very happy to help/contribute in this way when possible;

3) as I did for the GRASS community, I wrote a document where I explained (step by step, dedicated specially for beginner) how to compile GRASS + QGIS in windows + msys/mingw [1]; at the moment I haven't such spare time to directly integrate this document in the official QGIS documentation, but, if you want, you can dynamically link that document somewhere in the QGIS wiki, as done in the GRASS wiki (here? http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingWindowsBinaryWithMingw);

[1] http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/qgis+grass/BuildFromSource.html

Best Regards

Marco Pasetti