[Qgis-developer] 'Edit' menu

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 22 10:11:04 EDT 2008

Does Qgis need an 'Edit' menu?

  At least it should have 'Select All', 'Select None', and 'Invert
Selection'. I often find myself selecting polygons or points in a vector
layer and then having to draw out a tiny rectangle in the ocean to clear
the selection. Or am I doing it wrong?

  Could probably do with a few more selection methods too - currently
all we have is select by rectangle. Additionally useful would be select
by polygon/select by freehand. The Control key (on Linux) allows
additions to the selection by rectangle to select disjoint features, but
I don't see a 'subtract from selection' modifier.

  Not sure if any of this has been requested yet - qgis web site is down
at the moment - so maybe there's an RFC waiting to be implemented. I
think this could all be done with Python plugins...

Barry