[Qgis-developer] Python plugin development

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue May 27 06:23:53 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

It's really great idea what Carson said. What about creating the new
section "Ongoing works", "In the course" or something similar on the existing
page? Maybe we should also move the "PythonPluginsIdeas" to an another name,
related to the wider subject matter? On example just "Python Plugins".

We might submit our repository pathes, mentions about ongoing and planned
projects, TODO lists for each one and - as Carson proposed - troubles and
doubts.

Anne wrote:
> Shall I create a wiki page to keep the community updated with the
> progress of R plugin for QGIS? I guess it is a good place to put this
> information. Let me know, and happy coding to all of us!

I think small projects might fit in the main page and bigger ones have its own
pages, but necessarily with link from main one :)

Barry Rowlingson wrote:
>   Feel free to have a play, comments and criticisms welcome.

Great job! It lacks only a selection of single (pointed) feature and some tool
buttons.

I think the "Selection" might become one of the plugin categories (see
thread "ideas for developpers"), so your plugin, as well as FindByAttribure
and RandomSelections will be placed together in one menu and toolbox.

One suggestion: the rubberband is updated only when clicked. I think it will
be very handy to implement redrawing whenever mouse is moved.