[Qgis-developer] Mapserver Exporter Bug?

Mauricio de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 27 18:42:40 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,
I was working with mapserver exporter and ran into a problem with the error
message at the end of this mail.
After a little debug i found out that the code was passing a QString instead
of a python string when reading the filename from the dialog. This is a
regular source of bug as some classes don't understand QStrings very well,
even though they do work a lot like python strings.
After the change on mapserverexport.py on line 81:
exporter = Qgis2Map(str(self.dlg.ui.txtQgisFilePath.text()),
str(self.dlg.ui.txtMapFilePath.text()))

I don't know exactly if only my python and pyqt versions require this but it
fixed the problem for me. I think it's a good idea to NEVER work with
QString, just with python strings for compatibility purposes.

versions:
Python 2.5.2
PyQt4.QtCore.qVersion() '4.3.4'
qgis 0.10.0
Ubuntu 8.10

Thanks for the good work with Mapserver Export Plugin. I've been working with
it for 2 years now and it fills a great gap in the mapfile production.

Maurício de Paulo

An error has occured while executing Python code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/home/vatto/.qgis//python/plugins/mapserver_export/mapserverexport.py",
line 81, in run
  exporter = Qgis2Map(self.dlg.ui.txtQgisFilePath.text(),
self.dlg.ui.txtMapFilePath.text())
 File "/home/vatto/.qgis//python/plugins/mapserver_export/ms_export.py", line
37, in __init__
  self.qgs = minidom.parse(projectFile)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1915, in parse
  return expatbuilder.parse(file)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 928, in parse
  result = builder.parseFile(file)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 204, in parseFile
  buffer = file.read(16*1024)
AttributeError: read