[Qgis-developer] QGIS Python support in a library

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat May 31 11:29:21 EDT 2008

I've been busy and tired all week, and just got a chance to try it.

So far I can confirm I'm also having the python non-start problem.
 From your otool lists, I wonder if it's the @executable_path?  In my
test I didn't do my whole packaging routine, where I change those to
@loader_path.

The problem I'm guessing is with @executable_path, that there may be a
confusion as to what is the "executable" when the python support is
started - python or qgis?  If it's python, then it'll fail to find
anything inside the Qgis app bundle.

But your all-in-one Qgis builds have worked in the past with
@executable_path, and I don't realy know much about how python support
is loaded in Qgis, so I'm probably just overanalyzing it ;)

I'm working on some build updates this weekend, so I should be able to
do a more thorough build test soon.

On May 30, 2008, at 11:27 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> I got the python stuff building and my mac post build scripts fix up
> all the lib paths (see below) in the libqgispython.dylib, core and
> gui python libs, but python stuff still wont load at runtime...not
> sure what to do next.
>
> Debug: /Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/qgis/src/app/qgisapp.cpp: 385:
> (QgisApp) Couldn't load Python support library.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> otool dumps for libqgispython.dylib, core and gui python libs:
>

> Tim-Laptop:~/dev/cpp/qgis/build timlinux$ otool -L /Applications/
> qgis0.11.0.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libqgispython.dylib
> /Applications/qgis0.11.0.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libqgispython.dylib:
>        @executable_path/lib/libqgispython.dylib (compatibility
> version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
>        @executable_path/lib/libqgis_core.0.11.dylib (compatibility
> version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
>        @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/
> QtCore (compatibility version 4.3.0, current version 4.3.3)
>        @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
> QtGui (compatibility version 4.3.0, current version 4.3.3)
>        /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/
> Python (compatibility version 2.3.0, current version 2.3.5)
>        @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtXml.framework/Versions/4/
> QtXml (compatibility version 4.3.0, current version 4.3.3)
>        @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/Versions/4/
> QtSvg (compatibility version 4.3.0, current version 4.3.3)
>        @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/4/
> QtNetwork (compatibility version 4.3.0, current version 4.3.3)
>        @executable_path/lib/libproj.dylib (compatibility version
> 6.0.0, current version 6.4.0)
>        @executable_path/lib/libgeos.dylib (compatibility version
> 5.0.0, current version 5.3.0)
>        @executable_path/lib/libgdal.1.dylib (compatibility version
> 14.0.0, current version 14.0.0)
>        /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0,
> current version 7.4.0)
>        /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
> current version 1.0.0)
>        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
> current version 88.3.9)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy