[Qgis-developer] Ubuntu 8.10 and QGIS 0.11

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 05:37:59 EST 2008

Alex Mandel wrote:
> Carson Farmer wrote:
>
>> Alex,

>>> Carson,
>>>
>>> Can you just confirm that you were not having the gdal issue that was
>>> causing a segfault and that you were having an issue where the splash
>>> screen stuck at "Setting up GUI"
>>>

>> Yes, I can confirm that the issue was with the splash screen stuck at
>> "Setting up GUI"
>>
>> Carson
>>

> Well we're one step closer to solving the issue, ok 647 steps closer,
> I've narrowed down the issue to 647 possible packages and am working
> through them now.
>
> Carson, Tim if you can diff this list against your installed packages
> and tell me the matches it will speed up the process.
> Here's the list:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1384

Hey Alex, attached is my list of packages that I have installed that are
common to the ones on your list.
I did a fresh install of Hardy the day after I tried to upgrade to
Intrepid however, so my hardy install and packages are all relatively
new, don't know if this will make a difference or not?

Cheers,

Carson