[Qgis-developer] QgsMapLayerRegistry (and QgsMapCanvas) problem

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Nov 7 19:16:57 EST 2008

Hi

> Despite the fact that I'm not actually a qgis developer, here is my two
> cents:

Well we dont have any laws restricting non-developers from making
comments...non that I consider you a non-developer anyway....so your
comments (and those of anyone else) are always welcome.

> I know you're trying to avoid emulating the ogr api, but I think that
> something along the lines of resetReading() or restartReading() is
> better than begin(). You likely want something short, otherwise
> moveToSelectionStart() would be good. Since reset() has been rejected,
> what about restart()? This insinuates that we are moving to the
> beginning of the selection, but not that anything is being changed or reset.

Following the discussion on IRC, I have gone with Jürgen's suggestion to
use rewind(). I hope that keeps everyone happy...

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net