[Qgis-developer] No api freeze on Preview 2

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Nov 8 19:37:54 EST 2008

Hi Folks

In my previous email I mentioned waiting for a week or so before
declaring an API freeze so that we could ensure there were no
oversights. Well I already found some so we will need to either:

- announce the API freeze in a week or so independently of tagging SVN
as a preview (I was planning to put out a preview 3 early December)

- wait for the early december preview 3 tag and announce the API freeze
then.

I prefer the former option so that we can give plugin writers enough
time to get their plugins QGIS 1.0 compliant and we can select which
plugins go into the official repo etc.

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net