[Qgis-developer] Version number in plugin path?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue Nov 11 06:19:07 EST 2008

Hi list,

I see our discussion has died. But one thing is absolutely essential -
introducing the qgisMinVersion() method (or apiVersion(), however I believe
the former is just much clearer).

QgsPythonUtilsImpl::loadPlugin should reject the incompatible plugins. Martin
what do you think? Would you like to implement it? I don't know if is there
any _good_ function for version comparision? (for Python I haven't found any
sufficient so I had to write my own).

Now I'm going to implement it in Installer. Uncompatible plugins in repository
will be masked while installed uncompatible plugins will be marked red.

So if nobody object, I'm introducing the following metadata:
qgisMinVersion
qgisMaxVersion

They are of course optional. If missing, the plugin will be loaded anyway.