[Qgis-developer] Version number in plugin path?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue Nov 11 08:04:41 EST 2008

> One question though: What about in situations like we have now, where we
> have QGIS version 1.0.0_preview1 and preview2? Since the QGIS version is
> 1.0.0, will your comparison method be able to handle these added
> 'preview' designations?

The QGIS_VERSION retuns such string: 'int.int.int-string', so I believe we
should provide the form 'int.int.int' and don't carry about the suffix.

In this case the Preview is recognized just as the final 1.0.0. I think it's
not worth to put any huge stuff only for compatibility with Preview1. And
Preview2 seems to be going to be compatible with the final api.

> Keep in mind that Tim has just done a bunch of API changes, converting
> min to minimum (etc.). Perhaps it would be better to call them:
>
> qgisMinimumVersion and qgisMaximumVersion?

Right!