[Qgis-developer] Time for 1.0 API freeze

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Nov 19 16:28:53 EST 2008

Hi

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 21:17 +0100, Martin Dobias wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> >> I've been doing some tweaks only when I stumble across something, but
> >> nothing really systematical. I think we can put a fixed date for API
> >> freeze, let's say November 20th?
> >
> > From the PSC meeting we will temporarily unfreeze trunk to allow
> > improved labelling to be added, so I will hold on for API freeze until
> > after that - feel free to tweak on if you spot inconistencies in the
> > mean time!
>
> When will this happen the inclusion happen? isn't improved labeling
> scheduled for 1.1?

It was but the feeling at the PSC meeting was that we should unfreeze
trunk for labelling (not a general unfreeze) and get label collision
detection in before we API freeze and release QGIS 1.0. Still to be
decided who / how we will implement it. I was wondering if we could use
graphics scene collision detection. Do they still have that or was it
lost in move from canvas? We are still hoping for a december release
though not sure if that will be possible...

Regards

Tim

> Martin

 * QGIS programming services