[Qgis-developer] QGIS_VERSION of trunk

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Mon Nov 24 10:52:17 EST 2008

Hello lists,

As I see, our policy regarding the QGIS_VERSION of trunk is to keep the number
of the last released version. So now it's still '1.0.0-Kore-preview2'.

However it's bad for plugin devs and users because there is no simple way to
distinguish plugins designed for last release and for trunk. For example
there are two versions of fTools: for preview_2 api and for final api. But
Installer can't choose the proper one (I don't want to introduce revision
number because it might cause only a mess).

So can we make the trunk version number always a bit higher than the last
official release:

'1.0.0-Kore-preview2+'
'1.0.0-Kore-dev'
'1.0.0-Kore-trunk'

or even equal to the future release?

'1.0.0-Kore'

(but I think the last options may be the most controversial)

Regards,
B.