[Qgis-developer] raster algebra plugin II - the return!

Kolberg Sjur A Sjur.A.Kolberg at sintef.no
Fri Nov 28 16:45:41 EST 2008

If you're taking votes...

My suggestion would be a multi-line edit window for the expression, where raster bands could be written as variable names. Much quicker than loading files for each raster (if you remember the names), some insert-image button could allow browsing.

I haven't really got started using Qgis, but a couple of annoyances in my current GIS software is 1: The map calculator doesn't honour flag values, but pushes the 0, -9999 or whatever directly into the calculations. 2: The use of numerical constants is very restricted, many operators only accept either rasters or scalars on both sides. 3: After breaking the total expression down to elementary operations - each operation is handled by an overlay macro. Meaning, up to n-1 maps are stored to and re-read from disk before the calculation finishes.

A good map calculator is highly valuable, I really appreciate your work.

Best regards,

Sjur K :-)

SINTEF Energy Research
Trondheim, Norway.