[Qgis-developer] Proposal: Lift feature freeze for labelling

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 3 02:19:57 EDT 2008

Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> Hi all
>
> If you cast your mind back to our feature plans for QGIS 1.0, one

Hi Tim.
I agree QGIS cannot be "sold" as a real desktop GIS without proper
labelling, so I would be very much in favour of including the engine you
suggest (provided it is feasible to include it in a reasonable time frame).
One thing I do not see (but it's implemented in Mapserver) is the
"follow" option, where labels are allowed not to be on a straight line,
but they follow a curve. Do the devs of PAL have plans to include it?
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *