[Qgis-developer] Editing Table

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Oct 14 07:19:16 EDT 2008

Hi Hosein,
I think it's better to address this kind of questions in the qgis-USER
list: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org

Besides this I think we will need some more information: what kind of
vector layer are you trying to edit (shape, postgis other)? Is there
something special with it?
What version /OS are you using etc.

Normally (IF your dataset isn't read-only), in the right-corner of the
attribute-table there is a button 'start editing'. After pushing that
one you can edit fields. If your dataset is readonly (eg if you do not
have write-permissions on the dbf/shp files, or your postgis user does
not have write permissions on the table), the buttons cannot be
activated (greyed-out).

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde