[Qgis-developer] My plugins for 1.0 / plugin dev

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Oct 18 18:09:30 EDT 2008

Hi devs,

 I've been editing some of my plugins to work with the API changes in
the 1.0 preview release. Which just seems to involve changing
'getMapCanvas' for 'mapCanvas' here and there, and a few other things.
I should really read the changelog and fix everything in one go
instead of loading, reading error message, reloading... Anyway...

 I think they are all compatible for 1.0 now, and I've stuck them on
google code in the 'bsrplugins' section:

http://code.google.com/p/bsrplugins/

 feel free to check them out from SVN and play. They're not in my repo yet...

 I'm still not sure how to mesh SVN with the Qgis plugin folder and a
repository. I want my SVN working copy to be 'live' in the qgis
plugins folder so edits are instantly there. But I also want to make
sure the zip in the repository is valid, and an install from that
would stomp on my working copy... I'm all a bit confused... Any tips
for best practices for integrating SVN with plugin development and a
repository?

Barry