[work] [Qgis-community-team] Re: [Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] (no subject)

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Tue Oct 21 16:52:46 EDT 2008

Am I correct in understanding that this only affects the Mac GUI? If
that is the case, then there is no problem. We have not generated any
screenshots using that platform. However, if this change would affect
the Linux GUI, we would need Otto and Stephan Holl to comment on that
because they have already generated a lot of screenshots.
If it affects the Windows GUI, I would need to know how it would affect
the screen shots I have already created using that platform, and I would
need to have someone create an up-to-date build for me.

Tara

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> Note that we are currently in GUI freeze. While I support the fix we
> should liase with the community / documentation team to see if these
> changes will be ok for them. Tara / Otto can you please give the go
> ahead if possible?
>
> As a general rule we need to consult the  community / documentation
> team before doing any GUI changes prior to 1.0 release with some
> comment on impact levels they may expect.
>
> +1 for the change from my point of view pending their ok.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> 2008/10/18 John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org>:

>>> Well, Qt 4.5 is still in development.  Qgis works with the current stable
>>> Qt, and more work to get all the kinks worked out (like your GRASS problem
>>> below, or adding the extra Qgis controls) would delay Qgis even more.
>>>
>>> I'd be happy with Tom's proof-of-concept fix - I think the main need for
>>> access to external drives is to add raster and vector layers.
>>>
>> Fair point. I possibly misunderstood and read Tom to say that he was willing
>> to let it resolve itself once Qt4.5 becomes stable.
>>
>> If it is an easy thing to do, I would also favor the proof-of-concept being
>> committed to svn so the problem can be resolved now.
>>
>> John

My e-mail delivery has been unreliable lately, so I am asking for
return receipts from all my email messages.
OK'ing the return receipt lets me know that my message was delivered.
Thank you.

Tara Athan
Principal, Alternatives to Invasive Species
tara_athan [AT] alt2is.com
707-485-1198
PO Box 415
Redwood Valley, CA 95470