[Qgis-developer] installing geoprocessor

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Tue Oct 21 17:21:43 EDT 2008

Borys-
The only files in

C:/Documents and Settings/Tara/.qgis/

are
qgis.db
qgis.qmldb

I am updating parts of the manual for QGIS 1.0, so I am necessarily
working with this version.
I have a windows build that was generated for me by Marco Pasetti
against code revision 9303.
I will not have access to any other version until after Nov. 18 because
Marco has to finish his thesis at the
moment (unless someone else knows how to provide a Windows build).

At present I am updating the Forward, which describes the overall
capabilities of QGIS. Currently there are statement such as:
"You can perform spatial data analysis on PostgreSQL/PostGIS and other OGR
supported formats using the geoprocessing plugin."
Will the geoprocessing plugin be modified to work with QGIS 1.0.0 in
time for the release, or can we expect that capability to not be
available for a while?
Our timeline is to finish the first draft of the user guide update
within 2 weeks (Nov. 4) so I need to know whether I should be
taking these statements out, or leave them in in anticipation of the
plugins being updated.

Thanks, Tara

Borys Jurgiel wrote:
>> Files/QGIS-Dev/./python/plugins\plugin_installer\unzip.py", line 29, in
>> extract
>>     os.mkdir(dir)
>> WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
>> u'C:/Documents and Settings/Tara/.qgis/python/plugins'
>>

>> Any suggestions?
>>

> It looks like my terrible oversight. Could you chek if the
>   C:/Documents and Settings/Tara/.qgis/python/plugins
> or at least the
>   C:/Documents and Settings/Tara/.qgis/python
> directory is present in your system?
>
> Btw. Note that the Geoprocessing (and also most other plugins from the main
> repo) doesn't work with qgis 1.0. Only few ones do (Scattergram, ValueTool
> and probably one more)

My e-mail delivery has been unreliable lately, so I am asking for
return receipts from all my email messages.
OK'ing the return receipt lets me know that my message was delivered.
Thank you.

Tara Athan
Principal, Alternatives to Invasive Species
tara_athan [AT] alt2is.com
707-485-1198
PO Box 415
Redwood Valley, CA 95470