[Qgis-developer] PostGIS manager

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Tue Oct 28 13:36:41 EDT 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 7:52 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:

>> The plugin loads when QGIS starts. When I click on the tool icon QGIS
>> crashes. There is no project loaded. I'm using Qt 4.3.x---I wonder
>> if your
>> plugin relies on a more recent version since Jctull is able to run
>> it.
>
> I'm using Qt 4.3.4, however Qt version shouldn't affect this... any
> chance that something's wrong with your QGIS installation?
>
> Martin

Gary,

How are you linking your libraries in your qgis binary? I run these
two commands to get things properly linked in my builds (assuming you
did a 'make install' and not 'sudo make install'. This is a long
running issue on OS X with python plugins/functionality:

install_name_tool -change /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/build/src/
gui/libqgis_gui.dylib @executable_path/lib/libqgis_gui.dylib -change /
Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/build/src/core/libqgis_core.dylib
@executable_path/lib/libqgis_core.dylib /Applications/qgis1.0.0.app/
Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/qgis/core.so

install_name_tool -change /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/build/src/
gui/libqgis_gui.dylib @executable_path/lib/libqgis_gui.dylib -change /
Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/build/src/core/libqgis_core.dylib
@executable_path/lib/libqgis_core.dylib /Applications/qgis1.0.0.app/
Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/qgis/gui.so