[Qgis-developer] preview1 info

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Oct 30 18:35:53 EDT 2008

Hi Carson

2008/10/29 Carson Farmer <carson.farmer at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Apologies for not asking on irc, but I don't have access to that right
> now...

np

> Is the current preview version of QGIS 1.0 based on the
> Release-1_0_0-preview1 tag?

Yes

>I am asking because I'm trying to put together a
> plugin for this release, but I have been working with trunk and so want to
> build the preview release as well for testing purposes.

I want to do a preview 2 tag and call for packages this weekend so bug
reporters etc can be using something a little fresher. I still have
more api cleanups to do mainly in gui and chaning the
provider->begin() call as Martin requested. Those API changes will be
done by the end of November latest I hope and then we will freeze the
API and head towards a December 24 release...if we are ready....

So it might be worth waiting till I tag Release-1_0_0-preview2 this weekend....

Regards

Tim

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Carson
>
> --
> Carson J.Q. Farmer
> PhD Fellow
> National Centre for Geocomputation (NCG),
> John Hume Building,
> National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
> Co. Kildare,
> Ireland.
> http://www.carsonfarmer.com
> http://www.ftools.ca