[Qgis-developer] compiling 1.0

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Sep 8 03:18:09 EDT 2008

Hi all.
After a lazy period, relying on debian.gfoss.it to install qgis, I
recompiled from trunk. Tim, thanks for the instructions in INSTALL,
clear and easy! Just a suggestion: why not moving the linux section to
the top? I suspect it is the most used, and now it gets lost in all the
windows instructions.
It went much more smoothly than I was used to, but I encountered a few
issues:

- the grass plugin starts, but when opening the toolbox, I get:
The config file (/grass/config/default.qgc) not found.
the file is both in the src dir, in the original
/usr/share/qgis/grass/config/default.qgc (I still have 0.11 installed as
root), and where I installed the app:
/home/paolo/Desktop/qgis/share/qgis/grass/config, so what?

- Python plugins are missing, yet it starts with
./qgis
Python support ENABLED :-)
Plugin loading completed

- Error reading database file from:
 /resources/srs.db
Because of this the projection selector will not work...

- North arrow image not found

Any hints?
Thanks a lot, and all the best.
pc