[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Feature Freeze Begins

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Sep 11 16:27:49 EDT 2008

Hi All

It looks like waiting is the general preference. Personally I think if
we are going to wait for 1.0 final and do an interim release, that we
should release it as 1.0alpha so that we dont imply the API is final.
There may still be parts of the API that can be cleaned up and I would
also appreciate the chance to give it another revision before we hold
ourselves to it for a long time into the future.

If folks are happy to have the release as alpha rather than beta, I
would propose that the gui freeze remain in effect to give the doc
folks a chance to get the manual updated.

In order to have an alpha or beta ready for end of this month, I may
skip some steps in the release checklist - in particular I propose we
dont advertise the alpha / beta release widely.

We could set a new proposed release date for QGIS 1.0 for end Oct?



2008/9/11 Bishwarup Banerjee <bishwarup.banerjee at gmail.com>:
>> -1
> because i think it always better to be late than leaving bad impression on
> the targeted user.
> Bye
> Bishwarup

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release Manager)
Visit http://linfiniti.com to find out about:
 * QGIS programming services
 * Mapserver and PostGIS based hosting plans
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

More information about the Qgis-developer mailing list