[Qgis-developer] oracle raster plugin

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Apr 9 02:58:07 EDT 2009

Ivan Lucena ha scritto:

> I am writing a C++ plugin to support Oracle Spatial GeoRaster on QGIS
> and I would like to know how to proceed to contribute that code.
>
> The plugin is just a UI that looks a lot like the PostGIS UI. It only
> requires GDAL to compile the plugin. But the UI will be useless if GDAL
> cannot find the driver plugin (gdal_GEOR.dll or gdal_GEOR.so).

Hi all.
I think Ivan plugin is a valuable one, and will help spreading QGIS also
in situations where now it's unusable, because data are in Oracle.
AFAICT, there should be no licensing problems (we have discussed about
this rather extensively offlist), though it might be worth the while to
double check.
I cannot judge the quality of its code, but I would ask devs to revise
it, and if acceptable to give Ivan svn access, so he will be able to
upload and maintain the plugin.
Any thoughts?