[Qgis-developer] RealTime Data and QGis

Abhay abhay.menon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 01:16:16 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I was reading through some old post and found this
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2008-March/002423.html
even thought the solution is great. But I am still trying to find a solution
that work in C++ completely.

I was able to manage to plot the data (present point .. in future could be
also have Polygon and Lines) by placing a blank shapefile with desire data
structure (created on loading of QGisApp) and loading it to the mapper,
thereafter plotting the data using the QTimer event.

But the very basic functionality of QGis is not coming up as desire. Like I
wanted to read the attributes of the realtime data which I had pushed with
as per the data structure in QGis. I only receive attribute of X and Y back
from point being plotted. Have anybody device some logic to retrieve the
same.

A query that come to my mind, is it possible to replace the my input
shapefile in realtime at the background and the data and attribute updated
get reflected to the Mapper without enabling the editing options or
reloading the shapefile.

Any Input or pointers would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Abhay.