[Qgis-developer] Re: SelectPlus and postgis in trunk

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Apr 14 17:28:59 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Hugentobler  Marco
<marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Hi Barry and John
>
> You mean there is a freehand plugin already available?
> I also think that freehand tool should go to trunk (once the feature freeze for 1.1 is over).
> In which repository is the plugin available?

 Not quite. My "selectplus" plugin allows users to select features by
drawing a freehand polygon. The polygon is not stored anywhere/ What
John would really like is to be able to digitize features by drawing a
freehand polygon, creating new features in the current layer. I think
this is probably something that needs integrating into the existing
layer editing toolset, and so probably needs to be written in C++ in
the core.

Barry