[Qgis-developer] Table join in QGIS

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 07:14:20 EDT 2009

Alexander,
> Carson, Giovanni, thanks for yours replies.
>   The problem is in my bad English. Sorry.
>   Yes, fTools works, it produce a new layer with attributes, from both tables. But this is not what I want.
> For my task it's necessary to have one layer with minimal attribute set and few standalone tables, which
> time from time joined to the layer. In one case used one table, in another case - another table.
>   I think, for this task better use PostGIS or SpatialLite...

I yes, this is a topic that was discussed at the hackfest a few weeks
back. Currently, it is not implemented, though we hope to have something
like this available in the future. I think there are some issues with
the way in which layers and data are represented in QGIS at the moment,
but this is indeed on the 'todo' list.

For now, as you mentioned, postgis or spatialight are the best solutions...

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer
ISSP Doctoral Fellow