[Qgis-developer] OGRSpatialReference problem in QGIS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 17 12:36:57 EDT 2009

Florian Hillen wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> you're right. I use the OSGeo4W package under windows, so the files are in
> C:\OSGeo4W\share\gdal and no environment variable is set.

Florian,

On my system the qgis 1.0 icon runs the \osgeo4w\apps\gis\qgis.bat
file which runs \osgeo4w\bin\gdal16.bat which sets the GDAL_DATA
environment variable to \osgeo4w\apps\gdal-16\share\data which seems
appropriate.

If I run the command:

   gdal_translate -a_srs "+proj=latlong +datum=potsdam" in.tif out.tif

I get a file with an SRS like I expect instead of the unretreivable
values you get.

I cannot easily test from within qgis.

Best regards,