[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.2.0 Branched - Call for packaging

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Aug 23 03:30:57 EDT 2009

Hi

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> Tim,
>
> sorry, I missed some commits yesterday that needed to be synchronized
> with the Xcode project before you branched.  They're done in the branch
> now.

No problem - they wont be in the source tarball though so if you think
that it is important to have them there we should make a second version
of the src.

> I'll be doing the framework-based OSX binaries, of course.  I don't know
> if Tom will still do the all-in-one, but I could give it a try since I
> set up the Xcode project to be able to do it, if there is interest.

Yes I think there is a lot of interest in the all-in-one build so if you
can generate one easily that would be great.

Regards

Tim

> On Aug 22, 2009, at 5:58 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:

>> Dear QGIS devs & packagers
>>
>> - --- Note to casual readers --- Please do not pre-announce this
>> release -
>> give the packagers and release team a chance to do their thing so that
>> people hearing about the release have a fair chance of finding a
>> package, reading all our press material etc. --- End note ---
>>
>> Today I have branched QGIS 1.2.0 'Daphnis' for release. It would be
>> great if you can assist by making packages for your preferred platform.
>> The branch can be checked out at:
>>
>> svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/Release-1_2_0 qgis-1_2_0
>>
>> Source tarballs can be obtained from here:
>>
>> http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/src/qgis_1.2.0.tar.gz
>> http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/src/qgis_1.2.0.tar.gz.md5
>>

>> Please do not commit anything to the release branch except packaging
>> related tweaks.
>>
>> If you make a package please be so kind as to send me an email with
>> details of where I can download the package. Please make sure the
>> package is wgettable since I do not have the bandwidth to first download
>> all packages to my home pc and then up again to the download server.
>>

> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."
>
> - Marvin

- --

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services