[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.2.0 Branched - Call for packaging

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Aug 23 12:47:23 EDT 2009

On Aug 23, 2009, at 2:30 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:

>> I'll be doing the framework-based OSX binaries, of course.  I don't
>> know
>> if Tom will still do the all-in-one, but I could give it a try
>> since I
>> set up the Xcode project to be able to do it, if there is interest.
>
> Yes I think there is a lot of interest in the all-in-one build so if
> you
> can generate one easily that would be great.

When I thought about it, I realized that an all-in-one is (mostly)
pointless.  Because anyone who needs GRASS support must install GRASS,
which requires installed frameworks, defeating the convenience of
bundling of the frameworks in Qgis (GRASS won't see those).

Also, for OSX Tiger, there is still the bug

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1800

which causes Qgis to crash if GRASS is missing, thus effectively
requiring GRASS (and the installed frameworks) as a workaround until
the problem is fixed.

So, the only people who would benefit from an all-in-one would be OSX
Leopard users who don't need GRASS support.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe