[Qgis-developer] Small delay in 1.2 release

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Aug 31 02:43:49 EDT 2009

Hi all

There will be a small delay in the release announcement - I expect to
announce in the next day or two.

After a lot of poking around this weekend, I have decided to make the
win standalone installer a non-grass build since I cannot get the GRASS
included with it to run reliably. Obviously this will dissapoint GRASS
users, so I am appealing to anyone who knows windows better than I do
(pretty much everyone I guess :-P ) for help to make GRASS work. What is
needed? I need someone to fix the batch file launcher script I wrote so
that QGIS does not crash when trying to create a new mapset with a
projection specified. It crashes in other situations too.

The other alternative is to suggest that grass users use the osgeo4w
installer for now.

It would be great if folks could test the non-grass installer that I
have put online here:

http://linfiniti.com/downloads/QGIS-1.2.0-0-No-GrassSetup.exe

Please note that in line with previous discussions on the dev list, I
have removed all mention of the word 'unstable' from the package, and
QGIS will now by default install into a fresh directory "C:\Program
Files\Quantum GIS Daphnis" and therefore wont overwrite previous version
anymore either.

Release team: Thanks for jumping in to help. Everything set with the
vis. changelog? Please ask on the dev mailing list if you still have
screenies missing.

Regards
- --

 * QGIS programming and support services