[Qgis-developer] Is there a bug in Kore 1.0 when using xyCoordinates?

Echavarria Gregory, Maria Angelica m.echavarriagregory at umiami.edu
Tue Dec 1 19:42:07 EST 2009

Hello Group,

I have been trying to capture points from my PyQgis application canvas (1.0 Kore OSGeo4W), either using:
- A mapTool to click the point (QgsMapToolEmitPoint) , or
- A straight signal to get the mouse scroll (xyCoordinates)

and I see that whatever I do my application executes BUT closes after the first couple of clicks (or scrolls). It has happended repeatedly and it should be the easiest thing! I understand that QgsMapToolEmitPoint also calls xyCoordinates at some point... Is this a bug or not-implemented of 1.0 Kore?

What other options are available to display coordinates in a textEdit (just what Aaron does in the tutorial, but that snippet also closes my application!)

Thanks very much,
Angelica.