[Qgis-developer] GdalTools experimental version

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Tue Dec 22 07:33:06 EST 2009

Dnia wtorek, 22 grudnia 2009 o 11:14:35 Alexander Bruy napisał(a):
> Please test and report.

Hi,
My Python doesn't like the hyphen in the module name:
1. Plugin Installer  can't recognize this plugin as installed,
2. I can't import it manually.
3. Qgis can, but only if the old GdalTools are uninstalled.

So I suggest at least to rename is to gdaltools_experimental.

But why not to merge it with the old GdalTools, as an experimental version of
the same module? Users will be still able to choose between them and there
will be only one plugin directory. I prefer to keep users' harddisks clean
rather than create directories designed to being abandoned in a few weeks.

1. Rename the directory to GdalTools (exactly the same module name)
2. Rename the zip file to GdalTools.experimental.zip (module name DOT suffix DOT
zip - it must be a DOT)
3. Set the <experimental>true</experimental> tag in the repo
4. Keep the version number always higher for the experimental one.

Then, Plugin installer will always prefer the experimental version, as long as
experimental plugins are allowed. Otherwise, the stable one will be choosen.