[Qgis-developer] Maemo5

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Dec 24 12:36:36 EST 2009

Hi all.
Today I played with Maemo, a potential platform for bringing QGIS to mobile.
Everything quite nice and smooth, you end up quickly having a full virtual Debian
machine on your desktop, where you can install and compile.
Obviously, to compile QGIS there we have to bring a lot of dependencies in - I
started with geos, and got stuck because of an unfilled dep (debhelper >= 7; 5
available on maemo). So the road is more difficult than it should be, but
nevertheless interesting.
Anyone willing to share experiences and join forces?
All the best.