[Qgis-developer] GEOS functions

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:58:00 EST 2009

Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Saturday 31 January 2009 17:33:16 Andreas Neumann napisał(a):
>
>> as far as I know this behavior was already with GEOS 2x. You have to
>> deal with it. In case you get a geometry collection you can extract the
>> part you are interested in. In case you are dealing with Polygons,
>> extract the polygon part and skip/ignore the line and point part of the
>> Geometry collection. Thats how I did it with some Postgis related work.
>>

> I believe it's really important to have fTools working properly in QGIS 1.0.0,
> so I would prefer to implement such stuff in fTools rather than wait for future
> qgis releases... Even if it isn't optimal... :)

Well none of the solutions we've come up with so far can really be
implemented in fTools... but Martin had a suggestion from before, so
I'll try this... essentially it involves intersecting, symmetrical
differencing, then differencing again to get only polygon output... so
I'll give this a go on problem geometries for now...

Carson