[Qgis-developer] XML Metadata editor Plugin - FYI

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Feb 3 16:54:09 EST 2009

Just wanted to let the devs know, for a class project my group is
developing a new plugin to edit xml metadata files commonly included
with shapefiles according to ISO 19115:2003 and FGDC(past and upcoming)
standards.

For those who don't know these files contain the who, what, where and
why of a dataset and is extremely useful for publishing and cataloging
datasets online.

It's currently in the planning stages and in about 5 weeks when the term
is up, however far we've gotten we'll welcome additional developers.
Suggestions are welcome at any time.

We made a sourceforge project to handle svn/documentation.
http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/qgismetaedit/

This raises the question of whether there should be a qgis plugin
collective for unofficial plugins and new ideas?

Thanks,
Alex