[Qgis-developer] XML Metadata editor Plugin - FYI

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Feb 5 14:41:04 EST 2009

Hi

On Thursday 05 February 2009 13:08:21 Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> > Hi
> >
> > A metadata plugin would be great - builing it directly into QGIS would
> > be even better! This is the kind of cross cutting functionality that
> > everybody wants and needs, and that would be great to be able to
> > access via the QGIS core API.  With it added to the api other plugin
> > writers coulld make good use of the metadata too. Of course that would
> > prbably mean doing your work in C++ - not sure if you are up for that.
>
> Metadata standards often vary among agencies, so ease of customization
> is a necessity. I think a python plugin is more flexible and more
> appropriate in this context.
> All the best.
> pc

I dont agree - the api can return a standard document which can be transformed
using xslt by plugins that need a different representation. Having the metadata
in the core means we can show it as part of standard vector and raster
properties tabs.

Of course all this is moot if the authors are only interested in a python
implementation.

Regards

Tim