[Qgis-developer] Unable to import qgis.core on OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Feb 6 17:47:15 EST 2009

Oh damn, I accidentally linked Qgis to a dev copy of GEOS.
Suggestion: wait until I package a correctly linked Qgis.

Hmmm, I wonder if that's why I had the Python problem with the Tiger
Qgis build, which I fixed by building it on Tiger - and with a release
version of my GEOS framework ;)

On Feb 6, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Gary Sherman wrote:

> Trying to import qgis.core on OS X Leopard, Framework install from
> KyngChaos.com:
>
> ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/
> python/qgis/core.so, 2): Symbol not found:
> _GEOSPolygonizer_getCutEdges
>  Referenced from: /Applications/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/
> python/qgis/../../../../lib/libqgis_core.dylib
>  Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework/Versions/3/GEOS
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> -gary

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin