[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0.1 Branched (was [DebianGIS] Two weeks to get QGIS into the next Ubuntu 9.04 release)

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Mon Feb 16 08:47:35 EST 2009

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Folks in order to have the very best version of QGIS in upcoming 9.0.4 release
> of Ubuntu, I have branched QGIS 1.0.1 tonight (a little earlier than planned).
>
> This release is a bugfix release only.  If packagers could be so kind as to do
> their thing that would be great.
>
> The release can be checked out at:
>
> svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/Release-1_0_1

Is it possible to generate the source tarballs and put them in their final
locations when the releases are ready to be built?  For Fedora, at least, I
prefer to build off of the final source tarball since it's easier to know that
I'm shipping the same code as qgis is.  Additionally, there are community
scripts that check that we're shipping the same code as upstream in our
packages that would most likely fail if I create my own tarball.

-Doug