[Qgis-developer] Xcode project in qgis svn

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Feb 17 00:23:38 EST 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 10:53 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> Another issue was my Qt setup. I have 4.4.3 installed from a
> Trolltech binary distribution. I had to go into
> qgis_settings.xcconfig and change the moc, rcc, and lrelease
> settings to /usr/bin/moc, etc. Although my installation has aliases
> for each of these in /Developer/Tools/Qt, Xcode spit out an error
> related to moc before making these changes:
>
> /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/mac/xcode/build/leo/Qgis.build/
> Debug/moc.build/Script-729277F00F3A816100D9C992.sh: line 10: /
> Developer/Applications/Qt/moc: No such file or directory
>
> I changed all four references, and things then worked. Looking over
> things in more detail (and with a better understanding), I believe I
> needed to change QTDIR from /Developer/Applications/Qt to /Developer/
> Tools/Qt in the qgis_user.xcconfig file. Is this correct (perhaps an
> oversight in your template)?

Odd... qgis_settings has it as /Developer/Tools/Qt, qgis_user-template
has /Developer/Applications/Qt - oops.  But if you leave it commented
in your qgis_user.xcconfig, it should use the qgis_settings value.
You don't need to uncomment anything in your qgis_user.xcconfig unless
you want to change a value.

But yes, changing QTDIR is all that's needed.  The name QTDIR is a
holdover from older versions of Qt built from source.  QTBIN is a
better name for it.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin