[Qgis-developer] PyQT4 binaries for OSX?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Feb 26 16:55:21 EST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hi QGIS Mac developers,
>
> I am still struggeling with my OSX deployment problems of PyQT based
> QGIS plugins (mainly QtSQL related) ... I am wondering if there are
> PyQT4 binaries available somewhere for download? The Riverbank PyQT
> website only offers binaries for Windows. There seem to be binaries
> PyQTMac  (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt-mac/) - but the last
> update is from 2005 and thats not likely to contain QT 4.4 ...
>
> Any hints would be most welcome.

The Qgis install document, OSX section has compile instructions for
SIP and PyQt.  It's simple.

There are a couple different combinations possible for a PyQt install
(whether to use system python or python.org python), so packaging
binaries would be a bit tricky (much like what I do - spearate Tiger
and Leopard binaries).  Those old binaries from 2005 could get away
with a single binary package because there was no Leopard with it's
usable system Python.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always
now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the
accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan