AW: [Qgis-developer] Many symbols in the same layer

Hugentobler Marco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 28 02:09:38 EST 2009

Hi Ahmed

You can do so by using a subclass of QgsRenderer and adding different symbols (QgsSymbol) to it. E.g. you may use QgsGraduatedSymbolRenderer to classify the features based upon attribute value ranges. There is a subclass of QgsRenderer for every option displayed in the GUI element of  vector properties -> symbology -> legend type. Then you add your renderer to the vector layer using the method 'setRenderer' of the vector layer class.

Regards,
Marco