[Qgis-developer] osgeo4w

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Jan 6 04:49:09 EST 2009

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 06. Jan 2009 at 09:58:06 +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Looking at the package list:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackageListing
>
> I see there is even a desktop gis now: uDig.
> Shouldn't Qgis in there also :-)
>
> Don't now how difficult this is, I see there is also a grass package and
> other low level libs in it, so maybe things would bite each other?

Having all dependencies prepackaged (and maintained by someone else ;))
is nice.  That was the reason for me to port QGIS to the GEOS C-API.
OSGeo4W doesn't ship the C++ libraries (as C++ ABIs cause bad headaches
on Windows once you use more than one compiler (version)).

The "current" problem is the GRASS package.  IIRC GDAL does have GRASS
support in OSGEO4w and the GRASS package is in bad shape.  Marco Pasetti
wanted to look into this.  But I suppose, he didn't find time yet.

I had packaged all missing dependencies (Qt 4.4.0, SIP, pyqt4 and gsl)
and some preview of QGIS 1.0 - although those packages are probably
outdated by now.  But as I was missing a proper GRASS package, I didn't
upload.

All that was back in July:
http://logs.qgis.org/slogs/#qgis.2008-07-19.log
http://logs.qgis.org/slogs/#qgis.2008-07-20.log

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden