[Qgis-developer] Re: PostGIS manager

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:16:31 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer at linz.govt.nz> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Ok thanks I won't have any time in the next month, but maybe after that. Do you have any hints for debugging QGIS python plug-ins on Windows?

Debugging python plugins is practically the same on all platforms.
Just keep in mind that windows builds of QGIS usually run without
standard output, i.e. executing print statements from python won't
show anywhere. But if you open python console in QGIS, it should
redirect all output to the console (although there are some update
problems I think).

You can also use "logging" python module for some debug printouts.

Maybe python debugger will work too, but I've never tried it.

Martin