[Qgis-developer] Deploying Python Plugins that require PostgreSQL drivers

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 22 11:24:25 EST 2009

Hi all,

I wrote a Python plugin that uses the QSqlDatabase object with PostgreSQL.
While the deployment works fine on Linux and Windows, I get an error
message on Mac OS X with an error message "Driver not loaded".

I am wondering if there are binary frameworks for the PostgreSQL driver
that can be used with Postgresql and QT - I would like to avoid having to
install a development environment on each Mac OS X client where I have to
install the QGIS plugin.

Anyone knows if such binary drivers for OSX exist and where I could get
them? How do others deploy such plugins that need PostgreSQL a connection?

The interesting thing is that the Postgresql connection seems to work
already in QGIS (for loading spatial tables), it just doesn't work with my
own plugin.

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland