[Qgis-developer] Re: generating automatic code documentation for pyqgis

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:57:09 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Volkan Kepoglu <vkepoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
> in python, it comes strange to me that raster layer has metadata func,
> but vector layer has not. however, both raster and vector layer have
> metadata tab in their properties of window.
>
> is it possible to provide such a system that creates the api
> documentation from the python code of pyqgis and publishes the api doc
> to the internet like the doxygen producing api doc from C++ code for
> qgis?

Python bindings are 95% identical to their C++ counterparts. Although
it would be fine to have also special pyqgis documentation, I don't
know how to produce it. The documentation system would have to parse
*.sip files and produce appropriate output from it. In this case,
things like pydoc are simply unusable - pydoc is good for commenting
python code, but this is c++ code wrapped into python.

Martin