[Qgis-developer] debug/verbose mode?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jan 29 18:26:11 EST 2009

I just poked around a bit.  There it is in qgslogger.cpp - QGISDEBUG,
enabled by Debug build type, is what turns these messages on,
otherwise they just get zapped out of the compiled code.  Bummer, I
wanted some flag to turn this on at runtime, now I need a full
recompile...

> On Jan 28, 2009, at 6:18 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> That's the gcc debug binary, I think.  I don't want to run Qgis
>> thru a debugger (I don't know much about it anyways).  I just want
>> to see the QgsDebugMsg() messages.
>>

>> On Jan 28, 2009, at 7:46 PM, John C. Tull wrote:
>>
>>> AFAIK, you have to build your binary with the debug option. You
>>> can do this with 'ccmake ..' from the build directory. You will
>>> see an option near the top for 'CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE'. Set that to
>>> Debug. You can also do this manually as an option with cmake or
>>> ccmake as '-D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug'.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy